Dates: 7th - 14th April, 2019
Times: Starts 2pm, Sunday 7th April and concludes 12 midday, Sunday 14th April, 2019
*Please note arrival is at 1pm for a 2pm start and ensure you have had your lunch before you arrive on Friday.
Venue: Hartzer Park
25 Eridge Park Road, Burradoo, NSW 2576
This residential Intensive provides an in-depth context to explore a range of didactic, experiential and small group work. It will provide opportunities for practice teaching/leading with supervision from the instructors (usual teacher/student ratio 1:12). A strong emphasis in the Intensive is on the development and integration of personal and professional qualities which support authentic mindfulness teaching and learning. It offers a challenging and deepening process of exploration and engagement with self and others, using the ground of practice as our base. Specific areas of focus will include:
- The rationale for how mindfulness works for a range of mental and physical health conditions including pain, stress, anxiety, depression and trauma
- Practical exploration of how to work skilfully with the sensations, emotions and thoughts that arise in practice.
- Skills in leading mindfulness practices (body scan, awareness of breath, sounds, thoughts and feeling, open awareness, kindness and compassion, approaching the difficult, movement practice)
- Inquiry skills (including empathy, reflection, salience and context)
- Relational skills including empathy, warmth, authenticity and potency, curiosity and respect and mutuality
- Embodiment as a teacher including presence, vitality and calmness, acceptance and present moment responsiveness
- Understanding of group process
- Refining and deepening one’s own meditation practice
Please note: As part of the Intensive process, you will be expected to be very familiar with each of the mindfulness practices offered in MBSR and MBCT and will be asked to lead them in dyads without scripts.
To register your interest or inquire about any aspect of the pathway contact Mary McIntyre: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Caroline Friend: email@example.com
for more information.
How to get to the venue
By Air and then Bus:
MTIA organises a bus to pick up interstate/international people from Sydney airport and return them to Sydney airport on the last day of training.
Please book flights to be available to catch the bus at 11.30 am on the 5th May 2019.
On the 12th May, 2019, the bus will leave Hartzer Park at 12.30 pm and arrive at the airport by 2:00 pm, so please book return flights from 3.00 pm (4.00 pm for international flights). Please check with your airline to make sure you have enough time to board.
If you are coming from Sydney or another location by car, please arrive at Hartzer Park by 1pm on 5th May 2019.
Cost: $2995.00 (inc GST)
Registrations are not open yet. Please come back and check later.