Level Intensive Intensive - Australia - 2020
With Timothea Goddard & Eva Papadopoulo
Dates: 16 - 22 October, 2020
This residential Intensive provides an in-depth context to explore a range of didactic, experiential and small group work. It will provide opportunities for practice teaching/leading with supervision from the instructors (usual teacher/student ratio 1:12). A strong emphasis in the Intensive is on the development and integration of personal and professional qualities which support authentic mindfulness teaching and learning. It offers a challenging and deepening process of exploration and engagement with self and others, using the ground of practice as our base. Specific areas of focus will include:
- The rationale for how mindfulness works for a range of mental and physical health conditions including pain, stress, anxiety, depression and trauma
- Practical exploration of how to work skilfully with the sensations, emotions and thoughts that arise in practice.
- Skills in leading mindfulness practices (body scan, awareness of breath, sounds, thoughts and feeling, open awareness, kindness and compassion, approaching the difficult, movement practice)
- Inquiry skills (including empathy, reflection, salience and context)
- Relational skills including empathy, warmth, authenticity and potency, curiosity and respect and mutuality
- Embodiment as a teacher including presence, vitality and calmness, acceptance and present moment responsiveness
- Understanding of group process
- Refining and deepening one’s own meditation practice
Please note: As part of the Intensive process, you will be expected to be very familiar with each of the mindfulness practices offered in MBSR and MBCT and will be asked to lead them in dyads without scripts.