The Level 1 program offers a rich and thorough training in all the domains of learning that will equip you as a certified mindfulness teacher or to support your integration of mindfulness skills into your mindfulness-informed therapy.
The live online and residential modules offer a range of didactic, experiential and small group work. Specific areas of focus will include:
- The rationale for how mindfulness works for a range of mental and physical health conditions including pain, stress, anxiety, depression and trauma
- Practical exploration of how to work skilfully with the sensations, emotions and thoughts that arise in practice.
- Skills in leading mindfulness practices (body scan, awareness of breath, sounds, thoughts and feeling, open awareness, kindness and compassion, approaching the difficult, movement practice)
- Inquiry skills (including empathy, reflection, salience and context)
- Relational skills including empathy, warmth, authenticity and potency, curiosity and respect and mutuality
- Embodiment as a teacher including presence, vitality and calmness, acceptance and present moment responsiveness
- Understanding of group process
- Refining and deepening one’s own meditation practice