Australia-wide | online and in-person courses | learn outside the organisational setting
Openground now offers packages for organisations to provide timely, cost-effective and evidence-based response to staff who are experiencing chronic and acute stress and burnout.
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an evidence-based, user-friendly program that brings the principles of mindfulness meditation into everyday life by teaching specific skills and practices to help break cycles of anxiety, stress, unhappiness and exhaustion. It helps develop more mental, emotional, physical and psychological resilience and well-being.
MBSR is the gold standard for mindfulness training and Openground is proud to be endorsed by Emeritus Professor Jon Kabat-Zinn – who developed MBSR at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in 1979.
How does it work?
- The organisation buys a package of MBSR course places - to be used when and where your staff need them.
- Discounts are available on bulk orders
- Staff then access the course when they are in need of some specific training to deal with stress, burnout and other workplace issues.
- Staff are able to choose a program from the in-person courses available Australia-wide or a live-online program if this is more convenient.
What does the course involve for the staff member?
- an individual phone interview, and ongoing support from your teacher
- a 2.5 hour class, over eight weeks, plus one full retreat day
- mindfulness meditation and body awareness training
- an exploration of your own patterns and how to transform them
- scientific rationale for the practice
- time to reflect and integrate the techniques
- access to Openground audio app for practice and a 100 page course book
Be in touch to order packages for your staff.