Core skills: listening, understanding and responding
Live online | four single days | fortnightly
Fee for Alumni $695 inc GST
With Eva Papadopoulo and Nadav Avny
If you have completed Level 1, you are invited to join the current 2023 cohort in the Module of Core Skills. This training will clarify our own ways of making sense of other people’s experience, and assist us to truly listen to their inner and outer world, so we can respond in a salient way in the moment.
The core skills we will explore are:
- Presence – meeting the moment with all the senses
- Attunement – with gesture, sounds, timing
- Listening – for affect, meaning and agency
- Understanding – making sense of another person’s soma, words and story
- Responding – what do I say now?
- Inquiring – where should I direct the person’s attention?
The course will be strongly experiential - drawing on teacher demonstrations and student practice sessions.
Dates and Times
Here is a time zone calculator for other locations.
|Session||Sundays||Times AEDT / NZDT|
|Session 1||15 October 2023||9:30am - 4.30pm (AEDT) / 11:30am - 6:30pm (NZDT)|
|Session 2||29 October 2023||9:30am - 4.30pm (AEDT) / 11:30am - 6:30pm (NZDT)|
|Session 3||12 November 2023||9:30am - 4.30pm (AEDT) / 11:30am - 6:30pm (NZDT)|
|Session 4||26 November 2023||9:30am - 4.30pm (AEDT) / 11:30am - 6:30pm (NZDT)|